Sunday, October 10, 2010

the many faces of he


Every year I put together a photobook of the nicest photos that I’ve managed to shoot of the boys. It’s a nice tangible record of their lives and a great gift for the Grandparents.

For this year I’ve been looking for a shot of Reilly that captures his personality so that I can get a nice big framed print for our wall, but he’s such a poser that I was struggling with what to do.
Today I realised that this larrikin poser is so much a part of his personality, this is him, I really don't have to look any further.

I've never made a polyptych of any sort before, so I've had quite the learning afternoon. I figured that it couldn't be too hard, and determined that it wouldn't be too hard, (positive thinking, I was prepared to try everything).

The hardest part? Trying to decide if I wanted to go with a warm or a cool filter to finish the colours...... settled on cool - 'deep emerald'.

Anyhoo, lots of fun, can't wait to buy a print & see him on my wall.

3 comments:

Nat Hall said...

Lovely set and entry, Rose :-)

Yael said...

cutie! great pics:) I adore this, and alot of your other work! Thanks for sharing:)

Alexandra Ekdahl said...

really fabulous portraits. beautiful :)